|Aspen Thrift Shop
|In 1949, when a group of local women decided to sell used goods to purchase equipment for Aspen Valley Hospital, the Thrift Shop was established in a small house on Main Street, where the Shell station now stands. As the shop expanded, it hopped around town, to the Armory that's now City Hall, the Elks Building, the building that currently houses the Ralph Lauren store, even the Wheeler Opera House. The store was in this current location, sandwiched between the fire station and Zele's Coffee Shop, since 1981. While the fire station is being rebuilt the Thrift Store has moved to a temporary location on Hyman avenue near the Wheeler Opera House. Once the Fire Station is completed the Thrift Store will move back into a new building with triple the space.